This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
Volunteering is one of many leadership facets, support local nonprofits and consider being a board member at Rainbow House.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of Rainbow House. The board is responsible for upholding the agency's mission and determining that services are delivered in accordance with the mission; for financial and legal oversight of the agency; for setting policies and planning within which management operates; for ensuring that adequate resources are available to support the agency; for selecting and evaluating the Executive Director; for representing the agency in the community and for maintaining a strong, effective board.
- Assure knowledge of agency functions by attending an orientation and training opportunities. Commit to the organization’s mission, purposes, goals and policies, including regular attendance at and participation in Board and committee meetings.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards in serving the organization as a whole rather than any special interest group or constituency.
- Require its members to sing a confidentiality agreement and conflict of interest statement, and maintain records of the same.
- Attend an orientation to the organization and continuing education about its programs, services and needs.
- Give an annual gift according to your personal means.
- Participate in fund raising activities.
- Actively seek funds and implement fund raising strategies through personal influence with others (individuals, corporations and foundations).
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements and otherwise help the Board fulfill its fiduciary responsibility.
- Respond to and counsel the staff and Board of the organization as appropriate to offer support from my area of expertise.
- Identify possible nominees to the Board who can make significant contributions to the work of the organization.
- Allow the organization to use my name and title on its letterhead and brochures.
Bring a sense of humor to the Board’s deliberations.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times