This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
Life Directions is looking for Adults in a quality career who will help Mentor Chicago Public High School students to a path of higher education or a quality career.
Life Directions Peer Motivation program operates in high schools and brings achieving and at risk students together to discuss challenges, problems, responsibilities in their lives.
As Adult Mentors, the goal is to not only help the high students but help build an intergenerational pyramid of support. Adult Mentors act as the base of the pyramid. They mentor Peer Achievers identified by Life Directions, who in turn mentor Middle School Students.
- Over 25+
- Involved in quality career
- flexible time schedule
- Commit a year to young adults
- Show integrity, honesty, responsibility, stability in ones' life, willingness to take supervision/advice/training
- Work with young adults in their environment
- Must be screened through background check
- Model value of higher education and/or quality career choice
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times