This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
Youth Leadership Summer Intern (unpaid)
Provide overall support to the Summer Enrichment Program, assisting youth in the career and college exploration program of Christopher House’s Youth Leadership program. Work with Christopher House staff to provide an enriching summer environment to 7 – 12thgraders in the Youth Leadership after-school/summer educational enrichment and college preparatory program.
Organize and participate in college and career exploration field trips, leadership development, and adventure education activities
- Research and arrange exciting opportunities for youth
- Engage students in being a part of the planning and implementation of activities
- Reflect with students on the skills and knowledge gained through new experiences
Assist with GEAR UP/Teen REACH workshops and workshop planning
- College readiness workshops
- Life skills workshops
- Assist with parent meetings and workshops
- Assist with data collection and entry to document youth participant outcomes
Christopher House Satellite/Avondale Park Field House
3516 W. School Street
Chicago, IL 60618
Internship hours depend on program requirements.
For more information, contact:
Christopher House – GEAR UP
3516 W. School St.
Chicago, IL 60618
- All Youth Leadership interns must be at least 18 years old. Interns are subject to a background check.
- Desire to work with middle and high school age youth and provide academic and social support in an after-school/summer program setting
- Individuals who speak Spanish, have experience with youth and are completing relevant course work (in youth development, education, psychology and social work) are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work well both alone and with a team
- Commitment to Christopher House’s mission (for more information, see our website at http://www.christopherhouse.org)
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times