This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
Client Intake and Telephone Crisis Intervention
· Provides appropriate referral and placement services to callers. Maintains documentation on all calls received and services provided.
· Provides telephone or in-person screening to homeless/runaway/or precariously housed youth that are requesting service.
· Assist the BYS Case Manager as needed with coordination of residential placement of homeless minor youth in the Bronzeville Youth Shelter.
· Provide support as needed with all intake procedures and paperwork, ensuring that all procedures are completed thoroughly and accurately.
· Works with BYS clients individually to provide recreation, employment and education support services as appropriate
· Provides general supervision and appropriate intervention in the milieu.
· Provides support and encouragement to each client on basic life skills and daily issues impeding their progress towards self-sufficiency as needed.
· With staff support, manages any crisis and/or emergency that may occur on the units with clients.
· Supervises youth in maintaining cleanliness of the BYS.
· Assists youth with completing daily chores, including cooking.
· Writes clear and concise shift notes and maintains daily logs on all youth as requested.
Anyone interested in volunteering must first complete the volunteer application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to attend one of our volunteer orientations which are held every other month. For more information visit our sign up page.
All TLP volunteers must be at least 21 years of age and commit to our volunteer ethics as well as our policies and procedures. Anyone volunteering at our program site is also required to complete a background check and tuberculosis test.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times