This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
Internships are offered at the Heartland Alliance office in River North. (Non-student volunteers are also encouraged to apply to these opportunities if they have related education or work experience.) Internships or volunteer opportunities are typically 20-30 hours per week in the summer months.
Interns and volunteers provide a range of support to Heartland Alliance Directors and Program Officers. Heartland Alliance International Programs is a small office, providing interns with opportunity to experience the international human rights and development field. Interns should be willing to support a wide variety of tasks, including administrative support.
- Must be detail-oriented;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel;
- Highly skilled at internet research;
- Superb oral and written communications skills in English;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- One year of experience in international HIV/AIDS or other health programming
- Spanish or French language skills
- Experience working with people with different backgrounds than your own
- Experience working with LGBT issues
The Global Health and HIV/AIDS internship is an opportunity to support Heartland Alliance’s health programs, including:
- Complete literature reviews and best-practices research on international HIV/AIDS, health, human rights, capacity development and other topics to ensure evidence-based programming;
- Assist in information technology needs and website development / maintenance;
- Perform administrative tasks as identified by International Programs Department staff;
- Collect, consolidate and analyze data from Heartland Alliance country program reports for internal and external information sharing purposes and reports;
- Research and analyze funding opportunities to identify and prioritize program development opportunities, particularly in Africa;
- Support proposal development – including technical research, content analysis and interpretation, technical writing, editing, budgeting and proposal submission;
- Coordinate with field offices and International Programs team to create useful materials and briefs;
- Design and complete an independent project based upon International Program departmental needs and individual skills and interests.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times