This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
On BOARD® Program: A&BC signature program since 1999.
New board member development and placement program is offered each year in the spring & fall (February-June/September-January). It trains business professionals on effective board membership/participation, Places successful candidates on the board of nonprofit arts organization in the metro Chicago area.
How On BOARD® works
Attend 5 half-day sessions conducted by board governance experts, non-profit arts leaders & current board members. Receive extensive training through interactive coursework in Legal Responsibilities, Fiduciary Responsibilities & Nonprofit Finances, Organization Structure Development & Fundraising, Executive Leadership & Committee Structure, Assist in selecting their board placement, Be elected to the Board of Directors of a non-profit arts organization.
On BOARD® benefits For Employers:
- Expands sphere of influence in the community
- Cultivates a culture of commitment amongst employees
- Contributes to Leadership Development
- Increases Work/Life Balance Provides an alternative learning solution
- Creates a rewarding & fulfilling experience
- Provides exposure to a dynamic network of business and cultural professionals
- Contributes to Leadership Development Preparedness for board governance On BOARD® Criteria and Costs
Must be able to attend 5 half-day sessions conducted by board governance experts, nonprofit arts leaders and current board members.
Have at least 5-10 years of professional work experience, Willingness & ability to dedicate time, Willingness & ability to make significant contribution to arts organization served, Appreciation & passion for the arts $2,000 per participant- Partial scholarships are available to candidates from the civic and nonprofit sectors and those who are unable to gain sponsorship from their employer. Please contact the Arts & Business Council of Chicago for more information.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times