This opportunity has expired.
Volunteer opportunity description
The YES program is designed to support youth to be ready for high school, college and careers through a computer-based program, Extralearning Online. Tutors will work one-on-one with youth 2 days per week for 1 hour per day and a minimum of 12 weeks.
Tutors must commit to one of the following locations, dates and times:
- Austin/Tuesdays & Thursdays/4-6pm
-Irving & Narragansett/Mondays & Wednesdays/5-7pm
-Melrose Park/Tuesdays & Thursdays/4-6pm
Requirements for volunteers are:
- A strong proficiency with computers
- Strong skills in math & science
- Patience in working with at-risk youth
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Bilingual/Spanish depending on location
- Background check & fingerprinting.
After candidate is identified as a match for the YES program there will be orientation and training sessions.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times