Description & History
Welcome to the FRCD!
If you are the parent or family member of a child with a disability, age birth to 22, our job is to provide your family with information, resources, support and training that allows you to help your child meet his or her educational goals.
We are also here to help you learn about what he or she needs to lead a productive and independent adult life.
FRCD is here to help you:
- Learn about your Rights and Responsibilities under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Make informed decisions about your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Obtain appropriate services for your child
- Communicate more effectively with school professionals
- Come together with other parents who share your concerns and desires to make a difference
- Learn more about Early Intervention and transition services
- Effect positive change in your child’s school